CITY HALL, ELMHURST – The following ordinances took effect January 1, 2016:
- Persons who enter local coffee shops without a smartphone, tablet or laptop must leave the property within five minutes of making their purchase.
- All new and updated playground facilities must include a basketball court, tennis court, jai alai court, and a half-pipe for skateboarding and snowboarding.
- In order to go trick-or-treating on Halloween, all children must show proof of residency within the city limits and obtain a permit through Elmhurst City Hall.
- Due to the success of City Centre’s yearly “Rock The Block” food and music fest, noise ordinances have been pushed back to 3:00 a.m. on weekends throughout Elmhurst.
- No more than five Chipotle’s can be in operation within city boundaries at any given time.
- Using sandwich boards on city sidewalks to promote a business is still illegal.
- Any gas station or convenience store that sells lottery tickets must always have at least two persons working a register at all times.
- Elmhurst residents who fail to use one of the city’s new parking garages at least six times in 2016 will be fined $250.00.
- All coyotes taken in as pets must complete an obedience class through the Elmhurst Park District.
- A thirty-cent toll will be required for Prairie Path walkers and bikers who wish to cross the bridge over Route 83 in either direction.